This page last updated 9:30am Monday January 28th 2013
2013 Flood Event
We’re sad to have to report that we expect Goodna to once again be subject to a flood event, so soon after the 2011 floods.
Goodna peak is now predicted to be 9m, lower than first anticipated.
We will post whatever news we can here;
Evacuation Centre Info
Can you help?
Some residents of Goodna are planning to evacuate on Monday 28th January. If you can help them, please email your details to email@example.com.
Do you need help?
We currently have offers of assistance covering;
- Looking after children during the move (qualified childcare workers)
- Storage Space
- Guest Room
- Help to move / pack
Email firstname.lastname@example.org tonight, we will look to post a mobile phone number to call in the morning.
Do you have a question or need help?
To contact the Ipswich City Council for urgent matters, to make an enquiry or report a problem phone Customer Service Branch on 3810 6666.
For weather/flood warnings and updates, please visit www.bom.gov.au or listen to your local radio station.
For power outage information please visit http://www.energex.com.au/residential-and-business/power-outages or phone Energex on 13 62 62. Please use the same number to report any dangerous situations such as wires down.
For road closures, please phone the Qld Government Traffic and Travel information on 13 19 40 or visit 131940.qld.gov.au or alternatively, visit http://www.racq.com.au/travel/drive_travel/road_conditions
To find your closest SES depot for sand bags, visit http://www.emergency.qld.gov.au/ses/location_contacts.asp or phone 13 74 68.
Goodna RSL is evacuating the building commencing Monday 28th January.
Properties likely to be affected
List of properties expected to the affected can be downloaded here; IMPORTANT: This list is likely affected, and does not indicate the DEPTH at any given location.
Ipswich City Council advises residents and business owners;
At this stage residents and business owners are advised to remain on alert and vigilant regarding the predicted flood peak and confirm further details as they are provided.
Brisbane Airport is still open, but some flights are delayed.
- Swanbank Rd Swanbank (Bundamba Creek Bridge)
- Haigslea Amberley Rd Haigslea (5 Mile Bridge)
- Ipswich Rosewood Rd Rosewood (7 Mile Bridge)
- Barrams Rd Ripley
- Ripley Rd Ripley (Bundamba Creek Bridge)
- Grandchester-Mt Mort Road (near School Road)
- Rosewood-Laidley Road @ Long Gully Road
- George Street, Grandchester
- Gordon Street, Grandchester
- Reinke Road, Ashwell
- Junction Road, Karalee
- Rosewood-Warrill View Road, Rosewood (at the corner of School Street)
- Duncan Street, Collingwood Park (@ Namatjira Drive)
- Boyles Road, Pine Mountain
- Redbank Plains Road (Six Mile Creek)
- Jones Road (Happy Jack Gully)
- Tallegalla Road @ Voights Road
- Tallegalla Road @ Hauschildt Road
- Oakview Court, Brookwater
- Calvert Station Road, Calvert
- Rosewood-Laidley Road @ Bunnies Road
- Albert Street Goodna
- Smiths Street Goodna
- 78 Simmons Road, North Ipswich
- Berry Street, Yamanto
- The Warrego Highway at Glenore Grove is now closed.