Jacaranda Battle of the Bands
Saturday 26th October
Jacaranda Battle of the Bands.
New for 2019 we’re bringing battle of the bands to the Jacaranda Stage.
Get your applications in now to make sure you book your spot in what will be one of the biggest live music events in Ipswich this year!
$1000 First Prize
That band that rocks the main stage the hardest will take home first prize of $1000! Runner up gets $500 and third place takes home $250.
Shared dressing rooms will be available should you wish to change before your set.
Our judging panel is to be advised.
We are supplying the backline, your band must NOT bring your own to the event; We will have the following backline available; If your band includes a keyboard please provide your own keyboard.
- 5 Piece Drum Kit
- 2 x Guitar Amps
- 1 x Bass rig
- Keyboard Stand
Each band will be allocated a 20 minute set.
Terms and Conditions
- The decisions of the judging panel in relation to any aspect of the Battle of the Bands Competition will be final and binding upon every entrant who enters the Competition. No correspondence regarding any decision of the judging panel will be entered into.
- Prize money is paid by cheque
- Entries must not contain any name or other identifying material of an individual, without that individual’s consent; and must not contain any offensive, defamatory, or discriminatory content.
- Each entrant can submit a maximum of one entry to the Battle of The Bands Competition.
- Entries must not contain content which is: unlawful, inappropriate, constitutes harassment, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated, politically motivated, extreme views, racially offensive, demonstrating criminal
behaviour, drug use, alcohol misuse, showing neglect, violence or abuse of children.
- Each entrant consents to the Jacaranda Festival taking photographs and/or video footage of the entrant for the purpose of the Battle of the Bands Competition.
- Judging will be based on a points system. The criteria against which entries will be judged, will include, but not be limited to;
- Originality | Is the band playing originals? Are the songs well crafted? Has the band developed a distinctive sound?
- Musicianship | Do the performers play their instruments well? Do they play well together?
- Stage Presence | Do they use the stage well? Is their performance engaging to watch? Do they interact with each other? Are their clothes appropriate for their performance style?
- Crowd Interaction | Do they talk to the audience? Does the audience respond, e.g. dancing, singing, requesting songs?
Questions? Reach out to us via BattleoftheBands@goodnajacarandafestival.com and we’ll answer them!